Auction Ending Tomorrow!
This is an original, hand painted oil painting by internationally award winning artist Catherine Twomey. The positive and negative tension between the strawberry and eggplant are reemphasized in the lock. I could not resist painting such a gorgeous composition. The eggplant was a special challenge and I was finally pleased with how it turned out.
Please NOTE: FRAME INCLUDED! This painting is professionally framed, at cost, in a lovely satin black finish floater frame with a buffer-through reddish undertone finish at the outer edges and a speckled gold fillet detail on the inside. Visit kingofframes.com for further details of their framing services.
Signed on the front, dated behind.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• One Person Show, Mud Dauber Gallery, Earlysville, Virginia, October 2012 - current.
• TED Conference: invitation and exhibition of work in the medical division, TEDMED (Technology, Information & Design) (http://www.ted.com) as a participant, San Diego, California, 2011
• Winner of the 2010 ArtInPlace Mural Competition (http://www.artinplace.org) Charlottesville, Virginia; Barracks Road, Charlottesville, 12 X 24' on Aluminum
• Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators (FAMI), 2009
• Exhibition at the William H. Benton Art Museum, Connecticut
The Library holds, acquires, preserves, and provides access to a wide variety of disciplines that fall under the following subjects: natural history, botany, pharmacy, medicine, scientific history, visual arts.
• Winner of the American Horse Publications Annual Awards, First Place in Illustration for "Da Vinci Horse"
• Exclusive medical illustrator for Roche Pharmaceuticals interactive multimedia program,OTIS: Organ Transplant Information Systems –Award-winning program distributed worldwide for heart, lungs, liver and additional transplant patient education
• Founding Member, Illustrators Partnership of America, (Top 100 Illustrators nationally)
• Salon judge and presenter, 2007 Association of Medical Illustrators Meeting, Bozeman, Montana
• 17th Annual International Exhibition of Animals in Art - University of Louisiana Veterinary School, entry juried in - only 85 accepted out of 900 applicants
• American Horse Show Association "Buy" review of The Guide to Equine Electrolytes: What Every Owner and Trainer Should Know
For additional information about my background and influences, please visit catherinetwomey.com
Two museums currently house my art: The William H. Benton Museum in Connecticut, andThe LLoyd Museum in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was a great honor to be asked to exhibit and I continue to add to their collections. Speaking of collections, my work is a part of hundreds of private collections worldwide.
Fine art influencers include Georgia O'Keefe, da Vinci, Rembrandt and Degas. I look to their struggles and triumphs, and their unflinching persistence.